Thursday, September 4, 2014

Passion Food Cafe & Bakery Restaurant, Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I have been to a lot of restaurants in JB and this is the first time that I ate in Passion Food. Good thing, Leslie Ng (one of my colleagues) suggested to eat here so I owe this to my colleague. As you enter the place you will be greeted by their really nice staff with smiles on their faces. I was awed by the fact that they depicted a very homey French style concept which gives comfort to your eyes. Pastel Colours is what normally one could see in this type of restaurant that is very relaxing which is perfect for you and your friends when talking or sharing stories. 

Our orders did not come on the same time like other restaurants and I was awed by their presentation. Though not that high class restaurant presentation they still gave judgement that it makes their food very appetising. I do not know if we are just hungry but I find the food nice. Their pastas are good as I have tried what my colleagues ordered as well. It sauce is very creamy and the pasta is al dente! For their rice meals it is paired with vegetables which for me is good for it means that the owners are health conscious and wanted to deliver a well-balance meal to their customers. Aside from french fries which is usually the partner of Hamburger it also includes vegetables on the side, this again is a positive thing for me. 

For the desserts I must say that I have tasted better dessert than here. Their cupcakes are not moist and the serving size is small compared to those which I have been too. I ordered the Super Duper Chocolate cupcake and was disappointed because I am expecting it to be Chocolatey VERY infact but it was not. Maybe if they call it Chocolate Cupcake then I could accept it. As for their cakes it’s also the same, it lacks moist and it’s not very appetising from the previous places I have been too. Maybe my taste for desserts is a bit high. I might not like it but others may like it. But the good part is their Main Dish is really good so you must try it! 
It’s a good place to hang out and share stories with your friends and family

While waiting for your food you could read their magazines and I must say that they do have A LOT of Magazines! I may say that this is a good place as well for an alone time

Desserts!!!!!
If you want to buy bday cakes for your loved ones then they can definitely make one for you or you could buy their Ready made ones 
First time I saw a place which sells a lot of cupcakes in Malaysia
Pretty Kitty Doreen! I love this shot so much! Natural Beauty I must say :-) 
Smoked Duck Pasta with Broccoli (RM 20.90)

Say Cheese Chicken Burger (RM 17.90) Look at those 3 layers of cheese!!!! 

Le Burger (RM 18.90)

Hawaiian Cheese Baked Rice (RM 14.90)

Brekkie Omelette (RM 12.90)



Singnature Chocolate (RM 8.50) for your happiness! Kawaii! 

Super Duper Chocolate Cupcake (RM 6.50)

Apple Crumble Cheese cake (RM 7.90)


Non-stop laughter!

Will I come back again? 
Yes I will but only because of the good main dish and drinks but not for dessert. Maybe my mind will change if I taste more of their desserts in the future. :-)

Location and Contact Information:
Passion Food Cafe & Bakery Restaurant 
14 Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi
80400 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia 
Tel num: +607331 5330
website: http://www.passionfood.com.my/welcome.html

Operating Hours: 
Mon, Wed - Thu: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm 
Sat: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm 
Sun: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Tues- closed

Budget: 
RM 20 to RM 25 
P270 to P350 per person 

No comments:

Post a Comment